Our volunteers are very important to us.
Current Volunteering Opportunities:
- Chair of Trustees
- Trustees with experience in Fundraising, Youth Work and Business Development
- Supporter engagement volunteer
- Sports coaches
- Data entry volunteers
Chair of Trustees:
What will you be doing?
This is a stimulating and challenging role that will call on your strategic and diplomatic skills. You will work with an experienced and diverse team of trustees, senior management and youth workers to make a real difference to the lives of young people in the London Borough of Harrow. Our clients are amongst the most vulnerable and marginalised young people in the country.
The Chair provides leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees to enable the Board to fulfil its responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity. In addition they will have oversight of the charity’s fundraising and operations.
Specific activities include: giving strategic direction to the Board, planning, preparing and chairing Board meetings, ensuring adequate support, supervision for, and appraisal of the Chief Executive, acting as a spokesperson for the charity, leading the appointment and induction of new trustees, and sitting on committees or recruitment panels as required.
Our board meetings are currently held remotely and we are open to applications from around the country.
What are we looking for?
• A committed Christian who is involved in their church
• A strong background at senior management level, preferably in the voluntary sector
• Leadership ability and commitment to the organisation and its aims.
• Tact, diplomacy, powers of persuasion, integrity, strategic vision, and good and independent judgment.
• Flexibility and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to your duties as Chair and as a trustee.
• Understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a trustee.
• Willingness to speak your mind and listen to the views of others.
• Experience of being a Chair or Vice-Chair of a voluntary organisation or Board of trustees.
• Experience or understanding of one or more of the following: health and social care provision for young people, social enterprises, collaborative multi-organisation working.
What difference will you make?
The Chair of Trustees is a key role in our organisation. Your leadership and commitment will ensure we continue to provide and extend our range of much-needed support and services to young people.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will have the opportunity to lead and be a key player in our well-established and valued local charity, working with an experienced and diverse Board of trustees and senior management.
For a full role description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to speak with the current Chair before applying, please contact Lynne Burke: email@example.com.
To apply, please provide a CV together with a supporting statement explaining your suitability for the Chair role. This should include why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience match the role description, and any other relevant details.
Please email your CV and supporting statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.